when will you say yes, o gorgeous stranger

My love it means nothing to you So maybe I'm still a love Fool I don't want the world I want you

Sunday, June 24, 2007

contemplative

I've been thinking about you. A lot. It's the weather, I tell you. I never agreed with winters and Melbourne winters are worse than Adelaide ones due to its geographical position. What I wouldn't give for me to wake up one winter morning and find you beside me. The smell of your ruffled hair. The warmth that emanates from your supple skin. The hushed sound of your breathing in and out....a guy can dream, can he not?

The phone gets picked up after 2 rings. If I didn't know better I would think you were almost waiting for me to call (dreaming, I know).

The background sounds noisy. You mention you are with friends but you can talk. That means a lot to me.

I ask about your day. You give the usual reply, "nothing much". Which to me really means "please draw it out from me". But you do so without too much prompting this time round. You slept till 4 in the arvo because of a previous big night, met a local celebrity and went prawning thereafter. All in all a good friday evening well spent.

I talk about taking up DJing. You take it to mean as a profession. I meant it as a hobby. If a teacher can't provide you stability then a DJ less so. Why decrease my already slim chances. You tell me not to do something on a whim in terms of a career change. I never meant for anything that drastic to happen in the first place.

You mentioned D called you back after my last short-lived conversation with you.(that's why that conversation wasn't noted. I then realised that this thinking is a bit flawed since most conversations are short-lived anyway.) You get all excited at the mention of her.

I ask about your exploits of your organization. You tell me that there's something big coming up in partnership with a huge media mogul. I tell you I'm really excited and proud of you.

Before I know it your present company urges for you. And we bade our farewells. I hang up, counting down the days and the many phonecalls till our meeting in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home