when will you say yes, o gorgeous stranger

My love it means nothing to you So maybe I'm still a love Fool I don't want the world I want you

Sunday, May 27, 2007

divided

"Been trying to get you for days, why would this call be any different?" I thought to myself. But you don't disappoint. That familiar voice quells any anxiety that was present before.

You: Hello?
Me: Hey, how've you been?
You: Not too bad. I've been busy. Just finished an event which gathered the editors of tomorrow.
Me: Wow, you have been busy, Miss Popular and Successful. How did Thursday's event pan out?
You: It was pretty successful.
Me: I read the sponsor list. Very impressive. And you got yourself on the papers.
You: Yeah! News of it has reached silicon valley. And there's gonna be coverage on it on next Tuesday's paper.
Me: Cools! So you met everyone from tomorrow?
You: Almost. A couple couldn't make it.

Just then, click. "Crap!" I thought aloud. You got cut off and I'm back on the dials. You pick up and we continue.

Me: What happened?
You: I don't know, it just got cut off.

Just then someone was heard talking loudly in the background

Me: Who's that in the background?

And before I know it, I got call waiting. It almost has to be important so I wait. And waited. And waited and waited and waited. Before I knew it the phone line got tired of waiting and hung up. "Well, 3rd time lucky," I tell myself. And 3rd time lucky I was.

You: Hey!
Me: Hi. I was waiting for you to put me back on again while I was on call waiting.
You: You were? Sorry but I couldn't hear you just now.
Me: Oh? Doesn't matter. Where were we?

Banter ensues. We talk about mutual friends. Before I knew it I had to let you go.

You: Hey, call me back later?
Me: Nah, it's all right. You probably have a lot on your plate right now. I'll call you soon k?
You: OK, see you...

As I put the phone down. I've come to realise that I will always admire you for the drive that you have.You'll be the mover and shaker. That between the both of us. you definitely be more successful. . I can handle that. Can you?

1 Comments:

At 6/9/07, 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thx 4 the flowers!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home